Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Creativity

I know it's been ages...I had to re-read my last post because I didn't remember what it was about! It's now nearly 6 months since I last posted on here and it's been a whirlwind to say the least. Spent my first holiday season with J and his family, I just finished my Masters degree and I've been volunteering at the local preschool to gain experience and hopefully get work eventually. I was able to get a visitor's visa just after the first of the year and am getting ready to apply for a partner-sponsored work visa so I can keep staying here. J is going to sponsor me so I don't get deported and sent back to the USA.

It's autumn here now and the trees are turning beautiful colors, my garden is getting turned over and I'll be digging up my new flower bed and putting in my spring bulbs before winter. I still have a stack of sewing jobs to do and craft ideas to work on, as well as a big renovation we've been doing for the back entryway. I love our little house and still love J more and more each day.

I'm hoping to start blogging again this fall and winter and share some of the inspiration I find here (subtly hoping it makes you want to come visit me here!) and share some of the projects I have lined up for myself. Four chairs need to be re-upholstered for the dining table, curtains need to be made for the kitchen, paint scraping/staining and bathroom reno, fairy garden pieces for a silly part of my flower beds (including a mini-Stonehenge, fairy cottage and footprint stepping stones so far), and a small foray into inspirational postcards hand-stamped and calligraphied. I have a lot of plans and I want to start sharing them with you again. I can't promise how often I'll post, but I think I'm back for awhile. Ka kite ano. (See you soon in te Reo [Maori language]).

1 comment:

linxyandthebluesky said...

It was so awesome to find this blog post in my inbox-yea I subscribed to your mail...as I knew that it was the only way to have a bit of Debbie news in my life...I want to ship you through to SA and spend and afternoon walking around town and shopping and going for coffee....but that will have to wait...to one day.So in the mean time!I am solo drinking my cup hoping that you would do the same and perhaps organize a skype chat?Huge hug!Pauline