Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

20 in 20 project

So I posted day 15 at work without being able to check that I was on the right day. Haha. I've got a backlog of pictures I need to process, so I think today there will be several posts as I get work done. It's rainy today in SK and I'm recovering from my Royal Wedding party last night. It was so much fun hanging out with new and old friends. Eating too much curry, playing drinking games with the wedding coverage, and laughing at the funny hats we saw on TV. It was a good time for sure.


I started working with felt finally. It's really easy to do and I've been able to try out some new sewing techniques. Namely blanket stitching. I think I could have figured it out on my own, but luckily I didn't have to test that since the visual directions for that were on the back of the felt packets I bought.





I've made throw pillows before, but I have not done much with applique and certainly not with felt before. This pillow is just asking me to put my head down and take a little nap at my desk (I did this at work this week).

The second project you get to see here is a facinator I made in honor of the royal wedding Friday. As I mentioned above, I had a party at my place last night to watch the wedding coverage on CNN International. Part of the party was a hat competition. Well, only one lady came with a hat and as I was the host, I certainly couldn't win it! But I found an image earlier this week for a felt facinator for sale and I immediately thought, "Well, I can make that for sure!" Here's the inspiration--Lovely and here is my own version of it.



No comments: