Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Birthday


And once again, Tai has walked off with my slipper the moment I took it off to sit down and write this post. Ridiculous.Yesterday was my birthday. It was a lovely day. I feel blessed by all the messages I got and by the people who came out for dinner (and even those who couldn't make it and called to apologize). So I'm another year older and another year closer to 30. Where in the world did my 20s go? It's strange to think I'm 27 now. I know that a lot of my posts lately have been negative, but I've needed to use this to get this part out. I feel refreshed and ready to tackle this year now and determined to make it a fabulous one. I know that this isn't where I thought I'd be at this point (heck, I thought I'd be married by this point in my life) but I know that it's the right place for me right now. I have a great job, I have a plan for the next year, I have a wonderful puppy who makes my day much better (btw- good update at the doctor tonight! He's growing and his shunt is better with the medicine), and I have a wonderful support system of family and friends who remind me that I am worth it and I am loved. Why in the world would I be unhappy?
It's a rhetorical question because I don't have an answer for it. I want to be honest with myself and doing so I have had to face parts of myself that I've been unhappy about and have ignored for too long. So I'm dealing with those parts of me and moving on to a better place.

As an afterthought, I think I'm getting crows feet...or laugh lines...

No comments: