Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

finally able to breathe

So something big happened this week. Sorry I've not written about it before now, because it's been in the works for about two weeks now. I've ended my internship at the Independent Theatre here in Nelson. I'm not going to go into details, but I will say that I'm glad to be finished there. It's been a long six months and I've done so much there and learned some too, but I'm glad it's done.

The Lorax was my final project at the Indie and it went wonderfully. We had three sold-out shows and had a great review in the paper as well. I couldn't have asked for anything better. So what will I do with all my free time now that I'm not working 25-30 hours a week at the theatre? Well, I'm working 15 hours a week right now at a pizza place in town and the rest of the time I'm able to focus on my clothing designs again and get stuff ready for the market next weekend. I'm hoping to get back there every other saturday from here out in order to sell my stuff as the weather continues to improve.

BTW- I got a sunburn yesterday!!! First one in oh, two years! Yah!!!

I recently learned how to shirr fabric. Did you know that shirred dresses and shirts are my favorite kind out of all other kinds of clothing? I recall my mom telling me why I had the exact same dress on in numerous pictures when I was a child of six or seven. Well, apparently I owned this one shirred dress with tie-up straps that I chose to wear multiple days a week. Seriously if I were to look through this old photo album my parents have, most of the pictures I'm wearing this dress. So it's stuck since childhood, this love of shirred clothing. Why did it take me until I was 26 years old to learn how to do this? It's really easy and doesn't take long at all. So I've got a massive amount of cotton prints/solids to cut and shirr so I can make some money at the market (and improve my own summer wardrobe- no shopping for me! I'll just make it all!).

I think that just about takes care of all the updates. There's just been so much going on the last few weeks that I feel like I've barely been able to breathe, let alone take the time to blog. But things are looking better and I'm able to relax some. Thank the stars for that. Because I needed it!

Until next time...

No comments: