Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Monday, May 18, 2009

downer debbie is in today...


I try not to be this way, but today I am. I am downer debbie today. It may have something to do with the fact that no one bought anything I had to sell over the weekend at the market. It may be due, in part, to the dwindling numbers in my bank account and the slow process of building a business from the ground up that seems to have no end of things to do. It's ridiculous really. I never knew how hard it was to build a business, and now that I'm trying to do it with no collateral to start it up (not really), no business experience, and working an unpaid internship at a theatre (which I am actually enjoying a lot, despite the no-paycheck deal), I find it harder and harder to stay cheerful. Then again, it did rain this morning when I got up and so it was already a pretty crappy day. I don't regret the move to New Zealand, I just wish things were going my way a little more than they are. I've got to run now though, and finish up my CV and write a cover letter to turn in to Spotlight (a craft/fabric store) which is currently hiring temps for inventory-taking. I need some money! UGH! Downer Debbie will be gone soon....I have yoga tonight and for one hour I will be able to put aside all the stress I have and just focus on breathing weirdly through my nose. That and stretching myself to impossible lengths to make my chin touch my thigh- not going to happen, but I'll try anyway! I spent this morning taking pictures of all my jewelry in order to start listing them on etsy.com. I'll post my online store address when I get that up and running, hopefully this week! Love you all, bye.

2 comments:

SARA said...

what's etsy.com?
I know how you feel...I thought it would be a process, but thought an easier process to start a business...nope.
Unfortunately nothing I have done has gotten any business...
it just might be my lack in professionalism (ie no professional camera or equipment) Its just frustrating when you work so hard to build something and nothing seems to be going how you planned it...although unlike you...I am forgoing photography altogether...

Carolyn said...

love you even when you're feeling down! keep your chin up deb, it's really brave what you're doing...