Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Little break night...

Today I said goodbye to Laura, Luke and Nony again. It was so nice seeing them in Ireland! I really enjoyed our time together and look forward to the next time I see my nephew...though that will probably be after he really starts talking and is two or three years old...oh crazy!

I'm sticking around Cork tonight un-stressing and un-packing (only to repack again) and editing photos (going on hour 5 now....) if only to have to repeat it all in a couple of days. Awesome.

After checking out of the cabin in Skibbereen today, Siobhan and I took a long car ride through the Irish countryside back to Cork. We stopped at ruins, at a stream, looked for a museum and other ruins unsuccessfully, had a picnic at the beach and had an interesting run-in with a local farmer who looked way too happy to see me sitting in the car (imagine being leered at from 12 inches away!). The last couple of days will go down as the time I fell in love with Ireland. Until yesterday I didn't really care one way or the other about Ireland. I mean, I like the people, the food, cider, architecture and everything, but I hadn't really seen anything to make me fall in love with the country itself. Driving through the countryside to Mizen Head yesterday allowed me to see much more of the countryside and the more I saw, the more I loved. I still believe though that the UK has my heart. I haven't yet found a place that makes my heart skip a beat like the UK does, but I do love the quirky way Ireland does things. I'm really enjoying my vacation here and not looking forward to leaving anytime soon.

I had a dream last night about Korea. This was the first one since I left Korea I've had. I was at the restaurant in Hwajeong that serves Kal guk-su and there was an american gal waitressing and she wouldn't serve me jaeyuk dokbap...my favorite dish from the kimbap shop. I was really sad about this fact. So when I got up this morning, this is what I was craving. Great. I'm wanting my favorite korean dish and I'm in Ireland...that's not going to happen. I am hoping to figure out how to make that dish because if I can do that, I'll be happier in the US. I think I know why I had that dream last night- we made korean food last night and it was delicious! Well, sortof. I did manage to make japchae though, with Siobhan's cutting skills we cut the time down alot in making it. To end this break before I return to picture editing (it seems that is my life now every couple of days [chris- how do you do this all the time and NOT lose your mind?]) I'll post a few of my favorites from the end of last week with Halloween and time in Cork and Skibbereen with Laura, Luke, Elijah, Siobhan and Drew. Until next time. Check out the rest at picasa, ok? Thanks!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

i like your photos! and your dream is funny. i had something the other day that tasted like kimbap and i had to stop cuz i had kimbap overload when i moved to korea and now anything that tastes like it makes me want to gag. :( too bad.