Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Monday blues

I had an off day today.

First I found out that I do not get to teach with Mrs. Jang this year. She was awesome and I am going to miss her, even though she's just down the hallway with her 3rd grade homeroom class now. Instead I have to teach with Mrs. Eun, who does not speak any English and has told me through Juliet that she's not going to speak any English in class with me...which means I have to teach 3rd and 4th grade all alone basically. Thankfully the other two ladies, Juliet and Sunny, are really helpful and are translating all my class rules so I can do it alone. Yikes.

Then came food today...I woke up late, didn't get breakfast and forgot to pack a lunch. Went ahead and ordered lunch with the other teachers today and had to wait over an hour for it to arrive. It was WAY too spicy and made me feel sick in the afternoon. Then I had to go to a teacher's dinner tonight at Venice Buffet. Let's just start with the fact that I cannot eat my money's worth at a buffet at all. Especially a seafood/sushi buffet. Maybe if I actually liked sushi... No one talks to me at school dinners also. Juliet is always busy since she's the event planner for the teacher's club. Luckily I had my Kindle with me and I read for most of it. I think I feel blech because of the food I've had today. Eating out in Korea really doesn't agree with me much.

I really miss my friends today, no particular reason, I just do. A lot. Tomorrow I have to go to a training conference for the new text books...I wonder if it's going to be in English at all. I'll bring my iPod and Kindle just in case.

Today wasn't a total drag though. I did sew 3 things tonight. I went through my closet and pulled out things either I don't wear or things I don't really like. I have a pile of colorful clothes just waiting to be reborn into something else. Tonight I turned my only winter tunic into a really cute miniskirt and a lovely summer top with embroidery and crocheting into a cute little girl's dress. I'm thinking about holding onto it until I go back to New Zealand and give it to Alice...she'd look really cute in it. So here's the dress I made.




Front view



Back view...kinda boring



Close-up of the collar...I cut off most of the original collar and reconfigured it.



Cute button clasp. Amazingly enough, the button-hole setting on my machine worked for me tonight!

Now I just need to be around some little girl to have her model it instead of it lying on the floor. :)

No comments: